You’ll hopefully have noticed a distinct speed improvement here at CoolSmartphone of late. Amazingly, even though I didn’t have any beer whatsoever, I managed to twiddle about with the MySQL settings successfully and get things running a little quicker.
I guess I should explain that last comment. See, I have a strange way of doing things. Usually I only ever do critical changes to the server after a few beers. New PHP code, like the search function on the left here which needed a whole new template / mod_rewrite system hacking together to spit out the results properly, is usually added after I’ve downed some lagers. Plus I usually tend to mess with the live code, which people will always tell you not to do.
Hopefully the forum and the main site should now have noteable speed improvements following these changes. Huzaar!
Picture – b3ta.com