Getting a faster site

It’s perhaps laziness and not having enough time to do it, but I’ve noticed that the main site wasn’t as fast as it could’ve been last month. Google are now reporting site speed in their Webmaster Tools and I’m quite happy to show it here. To be honest, it was pretty rubbish with an almost 9 second load time. Last month though I decided to trim a lot of stuff off the main page and do some serious optimization. The result, as you can see below, is a near 4 second load-time.

This still isn’t ideal, I’d like to make it even quicker, and that’ll be worked on as we move forward!